Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Maa Tujhe Salaam

Must admit that we men have it easy. My six months as a father have been far easier that wifey's six as a mother.
It's incredible to keep your spirits up when forty winks are what you get instead of sleep, when you are worrying about the baby's next feed while you have fever @ 104 degrees, bathing her, making sure she gets her dose of vitamins and not forgetting that Mommy needs to take her Iron & Calcium too.
While I like to think that I do help and at other times justify not doing enough by thinking that we both have our roles to play; the fact of the matter is that all that I've done or been through does not add up to a tenth of the emotional drain this has been on her.

Over the past six months I have watched her juggle being a mother, a wife, a daughter, a daughter-in-law and re-establishing credentials at work with amazement.

And now as Mithi starts to utter what sound like words there is one constant fear (despite a lot of hope) that the first word that she'll say is "Papa" instead of "Mama". Just in case she does here's a huge IOU on her behalf. For all that you've gone through...Maa Tujhe Salaam!

Back on demand to close this piece are a few lines from a recent song by ASHANTI
"I would never let a tear fall from your eyes,
cause everything you are to me,
I could never let you hurt inside,
You mean so much and I'm so thankful that your in my life,
And I appreciate your love and all sacafice,
Without you by my side,I never could survive,
I wouldn't be the woman standing here before your eyes,
...You have given me life and I just want you to know,

that you're the reason I'm here today I will never let go,
To everything that we shared and nothing can compare
I thank you, I thank you, I thank you is what I'm saying.
...See I've been blessed to be raised by a woman so strong,

Cuz even when I did things wrong,
you would show me just the way that I should carry on.
You kept me safe and you protected me with all you had,
and anytime I was in need you gave your very last
Without you by my side, I never could survive,
I wouldnt be the woman standing here before your eyes.
....Said I thank you and I love you,

And I will never ever place no one above you.
Said I thank you and I love you,
and I will never ever place no one above you.
See you have given me life and I just want you to know,
that you're the reason I'm here today I will never let go,
to everything that we shared and nothing can compare
I thank you, I thank you, I thank you is what I'm saying."

4 comments:

another brick in the wall said...

attaboy!
though i thought it shd have been "Biwi tujhe salaam"

Ruchika said...

i remember long back when one a child's birth - i took a gift for the new-mom... most ppl reacted with a 'poor choice of gift' reaction... except the mom!!

sincere plea on behalf of my gender - pls dont forget the woman behind the mom!

:-)

Sudhām said...

gaurav....biwi ko to roz salaam martein hai sir..yeh beti ki taraf se thaa.

ruchika..it is the woman behind the mom that i wrote this for...so no worries there ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sudham bhai,

Joru ka ghulam ho gaye ho aap!! Bhabhiji ko aapke kisse sunane padenge -- Aamir, Gopal, Murthy, Ananthram, Laxmi Bar......

Anyways, jokes apart, humare kafi seniors aur batch mates ka unke respective biwiyon ke taraf yehi attitude raha hain....


Aapne bhabhiji ko itna maska maara hain ki agar aapse kuch bhool ho jayega to seedha unko is post ko direct kar sakte ho...

Sri